Twin Engine

Open discussion on HTIRC esc's
Caswell

Twin Engine

Post by Caswell »

I was looking into multi engine with a 3100kv motor, would 2 of the 6A ESC be enough power to run 2 motors and 4 servos?
WillyNillies.com
Site Admin

Re: Twin Engine

Post by WillyNillies.com »

Hey Nic,

Maybe, depending on what servos you use. The HTIRC 6 amp esc's only have a .5 amp BEC. We have successfully ran 3 Emax 9251 servos on one. We haven't tried 4. Another option would to be to use an separate BEC and not have any worries.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
Loosenutt

Re: Twin Engine

Post by Loosenutt »

I'm still debating P-84/P-82 or O-2/336. Maybe both. Either one would use a pair of 1104 motors.

Anyway. I was thinking the 2 HTRIC 6A ESC's and the WN 3A FPV UBEC would work well enough with the 4 EMax 9251 servos and the 2 ESC's. The .5 (1/2Amp) built in BEC of the 6A unit isn't enough.

A second option for the o-2/336 I am considering is using the 12A ESC for one motor and the RX/ 3 Servos with the second motor using the 6A ESC and eliminating the need for the additional UBEC. If I used 4 Servos I'd opt to the dual 6A and UBEC setup though.

The reason I could use the option on the O-2/336 is that both units are in the Center Fuselage and doesn't create an offset balance. In the P-84/P-82, I plan to hatch the wing center for the RX and UBEC with 2 Servos and a battery in each of the Fuselage sections. Rudder/Aileron and Elevator/Aileron. It should keep things balanced side to side. Very important with these light weight planes.

Running two motors on one ESC is NOT generally recommended but some have claimed success.

Ed