Hello Everyone

Please take a moment to introduce yourself!
Flylegacy500

Hello Everyone

Post by Flylegacy500 »

Hi, my name is John and I live in Merritt Island, FL close to Kennedy Space Center and will be retiring from SpaceX soon. After being away from the hobby for several years, I’m looking forward to getting back up to speed and have been practicing my building skills on some small balsa models. I was bummed to see Mountain Models went out of business, but thankful to find a new manufacturer for the small kits I love to build and fly. I’m really looking forward to trying my first Willy model!

One question I have. How does the weight of the covering sold here compare with other products on the market. Any numbers available for weight per square meter or yard? If not, how does it compare to others such as Solite and Parklite?

John
kdc914

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by kdc914 »

Welcome John. "Willykote" is very light compared to most other coverings. The only other iron on option I've found to be close in weight is Ultracote Parklite but that is twice the cost of Willykote. I haven't tried Solite so am unqualified to compare it. Be sure to check out the documents here and on the WillyNillies FB group regarding temps and handling of Willykote. It works very well, once you know the details.